Chicken Brine is the processed mixture of brine, salt, and water that is used for cooking poultry. It inhibits bacterial growth to help preserve the meat and prevents discoloration of the chicken skin. There are two types of brines: based on temperature (hot or cold) and on concentration, which can be either as a 1:1 ratio or 3% to 5%.
How chicken brine works
1. Brining chicken make the bird absorb the brine. This makes the meat to be very moist because it is packed with moisture.
2. Brining chicken process also allows for it to lose a great amount of salt in its solution. With this, the chicken robs bacteria of its main food source that causes spoilage or food poisoning.
3. Brining also allows the meat to be preserved longer because of its low salt content in comparison with other processed meats and poultry products used commercially today.
Benefits of Chicken Brine
1. Brining chicken is healthier
This process of cooking chicken is a much healthier way to cook this culinary delight. Brining chicken has less fat content and retains the juicy flavor.
2. Brining chicken is easy to do
It doesn’t even have to cost you an arm and a leg for you to get a tasty and healthy brine chicken. It can easily be done by yourself at home with the following recipe:
1 cup salt
1/4 cup brown sugar
1 gallon water
Mix all the ingredients together in a pot until they are dissolved. Boil it over medium-high heat until the temperature reaches 211 degrees F or 100 degrees C. Let it cool down to 70 degrees F or 21 degrees C. Use this solution to brine your chicken. Put the chickens in a sealable plastic bag, place the chicken in the refrigerator for about 2 hours. Rinse the chicken afterwards and roast them with your favorite poultry spices.